"Simplicity is the secret of seeing things clearly." - Oswald Chambers

Living a health-filled life doesn't have to be complicated! God designed our bodies to be fit, healthy and available for His use.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 6 of My Ultimate Adventure!

I've made it through six days!!!!!  It's hard to believe it's been six days already!  And what a six days it's been! Life happens and things have come up that have put a lot of stress on our family this past week, but I'm happy to say, I have stuck to the Ultimate Reset plan 100%!  
I really felt great the first 5 days.  Today I was a little tired feeling though, but after a busy weekend, that's not really surprising.  I just felt a little off today, but other than that, I'm very happy with the results so far.  I've lost 3 lbs. so far, my clothes are fitting better, my rings are even looser, I seem to be able to think more clearly which has resulted in getting more accomplished, and really just feel better overall.
I've gotten acquainted with some foods I had never tried before and I found I really like them!  I've found I love quinoa, raw cashews, and Himalayan salt.  I've found I'm not too crazy about the Alkalinize green drink (but I have chugged it down all six days and it DOES get easier each time) or steamed kangkong (what we're having to substitute for spinach and kale since those aren't available on our island).  I've found I obviously had an addiction to evening snacking, which has been difficult to give up, as well as coffee, and I've found that I really can go to bed at night without my cell phone by my bed (yes, that actually is part of the cleanse - no cell phones or other electronics in the room where you sleep!).  My kids have learned to try new foods and my husband lost 10 lbs and he's technically not even doing the cleanse! (Yes, I'm a little jealous on that one!).  So overall, so far it's been a great experience for our whole family.  
Tonight's meal included something that sounded so strange to me:  Zucchini-Cashew Soup!  But believe me, it is SO good!  So I'm sharing the recipe for you to give it a try.  Enjoy!

Zucchini-Cashew Soup

Ingredients
1 large or 2 small zucchini, cut into chunks and steamed
¼ cup raw cashews
Himalayan salt or Bragg® Liquid Aminos (to taste)
Herbal seasoning or fresh herbs, like basil or dill (optional; to taste)
Steamed vegetables (optional; for chunky soup)

Directions
Soak cashews in enough water to cover for 1 hour; drain. Combine cashews, zucchini, salt or aminos, and seasonings in blender and mix until smooth, adding water as needed for desired consistency. Pour into saucepan and reheat gently, but do not boil. For chunky soup, add steamed chopped vegetables of your choice. Can also be served cold. Serves 1.

Nutrition
250 calories
17 g fat
3.5 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
30 mg sodium
21 g carbohydrate
4 g fiber
9 g protein
1,036 mg potassium


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimers

I am not a doctor or health care professional in any way. Information posted on this blog is simply what I have found to be helpful to me and is never intended to be used in place of professional medical advice.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.