"Simplicity is the secret of seeing things clearly." - Oswald Chambers

Living a health-filled life doesn't have to be complicated! God designed our bodies to be fit, healthy and available for His use.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Two Days To Go!

Only two days to go till I start this round of Slim in 6! I am ready! I've been working on meal plans, scheduling my workouts, and preparing myself mentally for the challenge. I've also been going over the Beachbody Step-by-Step Nutrition Guide to make sure I don't forget anything so I thought I'd go over the steps over the next six weeks of the program as their are six steps. So check back here the beginning of next week for Step 1. Meanwhile, today I will post the introduction to the Nutrition Guide:


"The actual goal of most fitness and slimming programs is to increase the ratio of lean muscle to stored fat. That means trimming a lot of fat and building muscle for a toned look. It does not necessarily mean "losing weight." Muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so as your ratio of lean mass to fat changes, you shrink at the same weight. Beware of diets that promise rapid weight loss, as these tend to promote dehydration techniques that can be dangerous. Sure, you can wring a lot of water out of your system to lose weight, but once you are again properly hydrated you'll gain most of the weight back. Also, when you drastically reduce calories you alter your body's metabolism so it more readily stores excess calories as fat, which is the opposite of what you're trying to do." (taken from the Beachbody Nutrition Guide)


Check back soon for Step 1 of the 6 Steps to Transfor Your Body!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimers

I am not a doctor or health care professional in any way. Information posted on this blog is simply what I have found to be helpful to me and is never intended to be used in place of professional medical advice.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.