"Simplicity is the secret of seeing things clearly." - Oswald Chambers

Living a health-filled life doesn't have to be complicated! God designed our bodies to be fit, healthy and available for His use.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Exercises to Avoid 2nd Trimester and On

I have to admit, for a bit there, life got a little overwhelming. So I haven’t been on to blog in over a week! But here I am, ready to go again!
Now that I’m nearly 5 months into this pregnancy, I’m finding I have to modify my workouts more and more. I wanted to mention a few exercise moves that may be great when not pregnant, but are definitely taboo from the 2nd trimester on.
  • Exercises while lying flat on the back.
  • Upside-down “bicycles” or shoulder-stands
  • Deep knee bends or deep lunges
  • Exercises that involve jumping and bouncing

I especially recommend that you really watch your knees during this time as the added weight of pregnancy can really put a lot of stress on the knees. Meanwhile, find exercises that you enjoy and that are not too difficult to do with the ever-expanding pregnant belly. Have fun and get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimers

I am not a doctor or health care professional in any way. Information posted on this blog is simply what I have found to be helpful to me and is never intended to be used in place of professional medical advice.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.